Half Day Pre-Kindergarten (or Mother’s Day Out – MDO) is an integral part of our Preschool program. Mother’s Day Out was designed specifically for families who do not need a full day of care for their children but want their children to have an advantage over their peers before entering Kindergarten.
Half Day Pre-Kindergarten (MDO) uses the same Pre-K curriculum which meets or exceeds the state Standards of Learning, just in a shorter span of time during the day.
Half Day Pre-K admission information:
- Operation hours are from 8:30 am to 12:30 pm (extended care available upon request).
- Program follows LISD calendar
- Operated in The Village building on campus
Child must be 3 1/2 years of age as of September 1 and must be fully potty trained
The Half day Pre-K (MDO) a LeafSpring School offers:
- A thematic based curriculum based on the Standards of Learning.
- Learning centers designed to encourage explorations of science, math and literary concepts.
- Classrooms arranged to promote independence and leadership skills
- Teacher-created lesson plans that foster pre-literacy skills, vocabulary building, leadership and values education.
- Classroom computers with age-appropriate activities
- Monthly community field trips to enhance theme based learning opportunities.
- Extracurricular activities including movement or Physical Education, Music and Spanish.
- Classroom placement based on the academic calendar
- Scheduled parent-teacher conferences to discuss student progress based on classroom assessments and developmental evaluations.
- Classroom portfolios
- Family Style dining experiences to practice manners education and conversation skills while promoting healthy eating habits and portion size.
- Brainworks – student-led lessons incorporating problem-based learning